Error Code 80073701 in the Windows Operating System is a type of update error, occur when the Service Pack 1 (SP1) is not properly installed or get corrupted.
The Error Code 80073701 is displayed in the following enlisted versions of the Windows operating System-
- Windows Server Edition OS
- Windows 7 OS
- New Versions Windows 8 and 8.1 OS
- Windows 10 OS
Signs of the Error Code 80073701:
It is profitable to get the information about the occurrence of an error code 80073701. As when early detected, you can take measures for its correction and save a lot of time. Don’t get upset, when you saw the error code display on the computer screen. It can be easily corrected.
- The updating process of Windows Update is stopped.
- Error message is displayed on the computer screen.
Reason for Windows Update Error Code 80073701
The major cause of the Windows Update Error Code 80073701 is due to the improper installation or corruption of the Service Pack 1 (SP1) in your computer. It may be due to the following reasons, as enlisted below-
- Unavailability of Internet connection during SP1 installation.
- Previous installation is failed or gets corrupted.
- Recovery of computer from a virus
Ways to handle the Windows Update:
Suggestion 1- Run System Update Readiness (checksur.exe) Tool
To install the Service Pack 1 (SP1), you have to follow, the steps that are mentioned below:
- Visit http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID = 44e15787-66b0-4e9c-9c3b-1fc9ea40f69f and click Download.
- Select Open and click Yes, when the Windows Update Standalone Installerappears on the screen.
- When installation complete, click Close.
- Click Startàcmdàexe.
- A Command prompt window opens, type sfc/scannow and press ENTER.
- After completion of the scanning process, click Startàsearch for Windows Update Standalone Installerin search boxàWindows Update Standalone Installer.
- Click Yes and after completion of the installation process, click Close.
- After the completion of scanning, try to install the SP1 pack again.
If this suggestion doesn’t works, then try for suggestion 2.
Suggestion 2- Uninstall the Unnecessary Language Packs
By uninstalling the unused language packs from the Windows OS, you can also fix this issue. Perform the following steps, to do so-
- Click StartàControl PanelàClock, Language and RegionàInstall or uninstall languages to displayàUninstall languages to display.
- Select the different languages that you don’t use and click Next to uninstall them.
- After the completion of the un-installation process, try to install SP1.
If still you can’t install the Service Pack 1 (Sp1), then go for Suggestion 3.
Suggestion 3- Perform in-place upgrade
Before pursuing this step, for precaution, make a backup of your computer. For the information of Backup, you can visit the link http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features/backup-and-restore.
After creating a backup, perform the following steps:
- Close all running applications.
- Insert Windows 7 DVD on a laptop or computer’s DVD drive.
- A setup window opens, click on the Install Now button.
- Note-If Windows doesn’t detect the DVD automatically then, follow the mentioned process below:
- Type key of the CD.
- Select an operating system name in the Install Windows page that you want someplace or Upgrade.
- Accept Microsoft Software License Terms and Conditions by clicking the Yes
- On“Which type of installation do you want?”, click on the Upgrade button.
- After completion of the installation process, restart your computer.
- Now try to install the Service Pack 1 (SP1) again.
Chart with our Technical Experts for Further Help & Support
Chat with our Technical Experts in conclusion we are ready to give you further help and Microsoft Live Assist 24/7 Support.